This post contains affiliate links.
It’s been a hot one this week and I’m not a big fan of shorts. I prefer a loose dress or a pair of wide leg trousers, full length or cropped, in a lightweight floaty fabric like a soft cotton, viscose or Lyocell. But I have lots of readers asking how to wear wide leg trousers, especially crops because they can make you look square and boxy. There are some tricks that you can use though, to create shape and balance. Here are 5 styling tips for how to wear wide leg trousers and crops to flatter any shape.
1. Create long lines with a tunic style top and a long necklace to elongate the body.
2. Use statement accessories, or details to draw the eye where you want it to focus.
3. Add a chunky wedge sandal to create balance.
4. Create the illusion of a waist by tucking your top and blousing over, but don’t belt in tightly if you don’t have a waist as it will make you look bigger.
5. Wear a top with a tie waist to create shaping.
For weekly tips and videos about style for the 50+ woman, join my Stylish@50 membership. Get all the details of what is included here.